The following are some ideas from those who have been seriously considering this question for some time, prayerfully meditating on how Scripture applies to this culture of death.
We encourage you, dear reader, to go before the Lord and ask Him for strength to serve Him in a wide variety of ways. Let none of us be content with only doing one thing when we could do many, by the grace of the Lord Jesus. Abolition is a way of life, for it is Gospel-centered service to the Lord Jesus and love of neighbor, not an event. God has given His church what she needs to serve Him every day, every moment, not a few times a year in events that result in few (if any) lasting changes. We must repent of our apathy, as members of the Body of Christ, towards the legalized practice of child sacrifice in our towns, cities, states, and country.
- Make contact with other abolitionists in your locality and state to coordinate efforts.
- Recognize that evangelism and godly agitation of the culture of death is sadly lacking in our day and age, and rectify that by making a practice of regularly and frequently seeking out both lost people and apathetic church people to call them to repentance.
Be present at local events calling attention to the abortion Holocaust, handing out abolitionist information, speaking and engaging the culture, holding your own events.
- If there is a university in your local community, be a regular presence there, exposing the realities of abortion.
- Agitate the government schools in your community on a regular basis. This is what abolitionists have dubbed “Project Frontlines“.
- Coordinate with other local churches in rotations outside your local child-sacrifice centers, so that at every single minute it is open for “business”, there is a significant evangelical presence outside, engaging in sidewalk counseling, prayer, and proclamation of the Gospel.
- Prepare yourself to meet with the same apathetic non-response to which we abolitionists have become accustomed when addressing those other churches, and to act accordingly. Ask yourself: Given that apathetically neglecting to love our preborn neighbors is sin, what shall we do to help our brothers and sisters in Christ to recognise and overcome this sinful complacency?
- Persistently contact legislators and relevant government officials and organize others to do the same, reminding them of their responsibility before God to establish justice for our pre-born neighbors.
- Attend city council meetings to remind them to stand against everything related to this abortion Holocaust, especially if local police protect local abortion providers.
- While you’re at it, openly stand against other evils in the same ways, such as the growing tolerance of homosexual marriage, gay pride, etc.
- Adopt an Abolitionist approach to ending the evil of abortion. This means local churches and their members become actively Abolitionist, rather than passively bringing in professional pro-lifers to do the job of loving your neighbor or lazily tossing a few dollars in the direction of a crisis pregnancy center.
- Take up the call for immediate repentance from abortion, both to individuals, lawmakers, and the nation.
- Make the Gospel front-and-center in every conversation about ending abortion, both on a personal level and a political level.
- Argue from the imago dei and the Incarnation in discussions of abortion’s moral justification, rather than from a secular mindset and terminology of Personhood, heartbeats, central nervous system, viability, etc.
- Expect the church to take up the fight rather than viewing the fight as optional or a ministry that certain people have been “called to”.
- Vote Abolitionist only and call everyone around you to do so. This means bringing objections and remonstrance against voting for any candidate who is not fully and explicitly in favor of total and immediate abolition of abortion without exception.
- Promote adoption/fostering among members of your local body. This means stressing that all able-bodied members of your local church are obligated to practice pure and undefiled religion (James 1:27). Obviously, there are some legitimate reasons why a certain family or couple would be unable to adopt or foster. However, most of the reasons given today by Christians are illegitimate and selfish and have more to do with finances, lifestyle, or a wrong view of having a full quiver. Bring biblical correction against these sinful attitudes of parenting and family.
- Take a very critical eye to crisis pregnancy centers in your community, most certainly including centers that your church may support. Consider that it is the people of God whom the Lord has commanded to love their neighbors, to discern those who are truly in need, and to assist them.
- Assist your local communities on a regular basis. This would include adoption and fostering of orphans, raising money for benevolence for women in crisis pregnancies, counseling post-abortive women, mentoring abortion-minded women, and opening your homes and/or church to house women who are in need because of their brave decision to give life to their child. Local churches can also start up newborn missions wherein they provide newborn necessities such as bottles, formula, diapers, clothing, car seats, and other essentials that new mothers need to provide for their newborn babies.
- Exercise church discipline on openly pro-choice church members and unrepentant post-abortive mothers, fathers, or grandparents.
- Exercise church discipline on unrepentant pro-life people who remain unmoved by the plight of their preborn neighbors. Love of neighbor and of the church of God demands no less.
- Expose the wickedness of In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) in your community and in the churches around you. Ignoring orphans because you would rather bypass infertility is un-Christian and sinful. IVF costs thousands of dollars, results in murdered embryonic humans, and typically results in many embryos being cryogenically frozen where they suffer a 40% chance of destruction. These are fellow image-bearers of God; the price of IVF is too high to justify engaging in it merely to have biological children.
Prior to our own repentance and embrace of an abolitionist position and practice, we were guilty of many of the things listed above. We are not claiming to be perfect or to have all the answers. We are playing the role God has given us to play. We believe the Church of Jesus Christ is better equipped to bring about the abolition of abortion than we are, and more able to bring about abolition than any of us realize. We are confident that if any local church body truly repented of their apathy and prayerfully set their hearts and minds on the question, “What does Christianity look like in a culture that kills its children?”, and then put their answer into practice, they may very well come up with even more effective things to do than these we have suggested here.
Now, for the love of God and your neighbor, go and make your calling and election sure. “You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” –Matthew 5:13-16
“But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord so that we will not be condemned along with the world.” –I Corinthians 11:31-32
“Become sober-minded as you ought, and stop sinning; for some have no knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.” –I Corinthians 15:34